America has a love affair with classic cars and rock-n-roll, and Reno is no exception. Every August, the Biggest Little City revs its engines to host the coolest car show in the country.
Hot August Nights is an exciting five-day event where you can show off your classic ride and check out other drivers’ hot wheels, then rock the night away to free open-air concerts.
Whether you love the rumble of a classic roadster or the rhythm of a good ‘ol rock-n-roll tune, this event is for you. So grab your poodle skirt and pink jacket or your blue jeans and white T-shirt, and join us as we celebrate the nostalgia of classic cars and rock-n-roll during Hot August Nights. Enjoy the spectacle as Reno, Sparks, and Virginia City are overtaken by classic car cruises, show-n-shines, and rocking good concerts.
Grand Sierra Resort is the perfect base for your Hot August Nights adventure. As well as hosting show-n-shines and free nightly concerts, we are also pleased to offer Hot August Nights-themed casino events and poolside parties to keep your engines running!
Various venues in Reno/Sparks
Tuesday, August 6–Sunday, August 11
For a complete calendar of events visit the Hot August Nights website.
In order to ensure that our guests have the most pleasurable experience, we have made parking improvements on and near our property so that your transportation matters remain stress-free. Below are some details of the accommodations we’ve made:
- First come first serve parking is available Thursday through Saturday in our Team Member Parking Lot/Lot 8 for only $10 on the northeast side of the property. This lot is a short walking distance from the event so it’ll save you some steps which give you more time to celebrate!
- New this Year additional parking will be located in a lot across from Glendale Avenue (North of GSR) Thursday through Saturday for easy access to the shows/event for only $10.
- Are you staying in our hotel? Or, are you an Infinite, Epic or Ultimate Club Grand Member? If either of these applies to you, you will be able to exclusively park in front of valet (limited spots available!) Be sure to obtain a hotel parking pass from the front desk upon check-in and/or bring your Club Grand parking pass so that you can park in this area.
- Many of your beautiful, classic cars arrive to Hot August via trailer or toy hauler. For $100 per week, you can park your oversized vehicle in an off-site lot monitored 24 hours a day less than 2 miles away.
- To park here, first enter at valet through a designated oversized vehicle access line and then obtain a parking pass from the front desk.
- There will be a convenient shuttle driving to and from property every 30 minutes to take you to the lot (125 North Edison Way, Reno, NV 89595).
- No oversized parking is available on the GSR property
It is important to note that due to multiple concerts being held on Saturday, August 10, parking will be extremely limited in all lots.
Use a Rideshare Service
For a safe and easy experience, we encourage guests to use rideshare (taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc.). Our designated rideshare drop-off and pick-up area, during the event, will be on the south-side building entrance on the Spa level, near the Grand Bay Aqua Range.